Hudson Valley Equine Internal Medicine provides mobile internal medicine service for cases that would otherwise require transport to a referral facility, and consultation and collaboration for owners requesting a second opinion or evaluation by a specialist.
• Detailed ultrasonographic evaluation of internal organs such as the liver, kidneys, spleen, lungs and gastrointestinal system.
· Cardiac evaluation with electrocardiogram and echocardiography with color flow Doppler. Holter monitor for exercising ECG and 24 holter.
· Respiratory system evaluation including upper airway endoscopy, endoscopy of the guttural pouches, thoracic ultrasound , Bronchoalveolar lavage, thoracocentesis, and transtracheal wash.
· Neurological evaluation including cerebrospinal fluid analysis and cervical spine imaging.
· Gastrointestinal examination including gastroscopy, complete abdominal ultrasound, abdominocentesis, absorption testing, rectal and duodenal biopsies.
· Urologic evaluation including cystoscopy and ultrasound.
· Complete evaluation of chronic diseases such as chronic weight loss, chronic colic and chronic respiratory disease.
· Ophthalmic examination including evaluation of difficult cases, tonometry, slit lamp evaluation, diamond burr debridement, and contact lens and lavage system placement.